Salam and hello, everybody! Not sure how many of you turned up for Sunrise Yogilates organised by Fitness 4 Muslimah last year, but if you did, you’d remember the small piece of bread served after the crazy workout that both Nura and Adee put you through. Due to several requests, thought I’d share the recipe with everyone. 🙂
- 1 ¾ cups wholemeal flour
- 9 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly coat your loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract until well combined. Beat in bananas until well combined. Add water. Then gradually add flour mixture to the sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries and gently toss to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Place into oven and bake until the top turns golden brown (40-55 minutes), or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.
The original recipe isn’t by us. After a couple of attempts, we tweaked it a little. Heh. Have fun experimenting and good luck! 🙂
Adapted from: Damn Delicious